Previously we have explored the basics you can adapt to stay fit. One among them is altering your food habits and planning your meals. This can definitely bring positive results, as we know diet is 75%. But the question still remains unanswered: IS EATING IN-BETWEEN MEALS ACCEPTABLE?
Snacking can be of two kinds: One is snacking mindlessly while being distracted or making conversations or just eating unaware what’s going into your body. The second type of snacking involves eating small in-between meals to keep your blood sugar stable, recommended by trainers and dieticians.
Probably by now, it is obvious that the latter version of snacking is more beneficial for you; there are some dieticians that say NO to snacking completely! Let’s just put the cons and pros of snacking out there in front of you, so you can decide for yourself.
- In today’s busy lifestyle, snacking is irreplaceable. While you are travelling, on a busy work schedule or have no time to sit down for a healthy wholesome meal, the only choice available is to snack on some nutritious portable options such as carrying a protein drink, unflavored yoghurt, nutritional bars, fruits, or vegetable with dips.
- As mentioned earlier, snacking can increase your blood glucose level. For people with low sugar problems, snacking can help them retrieve their stability but the case can be the opposite for people with sugar problems. To avoid this, consult a nutritionist for tips and what snacks would be good for you. If not, make sure you read the labels of what you buy.
- Snacking keeps your metabolism high throughout the day, although there are no researches to prove this, there are a lot of people who have benefited from this. It re-energizes you, preventing you from throwing hunger tantrums.
- Snacking leads to a healthier eating lifestyle. Ensure that you breakdown your meals to 5-6 smaller meals through the day and you get all the nutrients required.
In short, snacking, as most things in life, is good when done right ;) So make sure you
- Keep a count of your overall calorie intake
- Go for healthier eating options. That’s what The Lean Snack bars are all about!!